I am a Swiftie. More than that, I’m the Swiftie. At the ripe age of five, I sang her songs and danced to her music videos. Now, at 18, I still sing her songs and dance to her music videos, but now I also analyze and cry to her lyrics, spend thousands (of my parents’) money on concert tickets and merch, and spend countless hours online ruthlessly and knowledgeably defending her name from random strangers on Facebook and TikTok. But I love what I do for this 33-year-old woman who doesn’t know my existence, and I’ll continue to fight in her army and, eventually, die on her hill.
In the last months, Taylor Swift has absolutely blown up in the pop culture atmosphere. Re-recording her albums, going on the world-renowned Eras Tour, and now, being the new face for the NFL (I’m just kidding, football bros. Not really, though). So, what has caused this recent Taylor Swift phenomenon? Why is she booming now after 17 years in the game? And why do you have to see her every time you watch ...
Comments
Post a Comment